References and things to learn.
Version Control (Git)
Start with single file scripts.
- 📚Introducing Python (2019): Basics, ignore everything after chapter 11
- 📝Basic OOP
- 🥋Practice Codewards: checkout other solutions after submitting
- 🎨Skim through pep8
- ⚡️Learn a bit of DSA (Data Structures and Algorithms): do easy in neetcode
Switch to PyCharm once you are familiar with the syntax and concepts such as virtualenvs, git, etc.
- 📝StackOverflow Questions: should know the answers to the most voted questions.
- 🧪Learn about testing
- 🔄Task queues: Celery / arq
- 🔧CI Tools (sample precommit): MyPy, Black, isort, flake8, pip-audit, bandit.
- 🧰Learn about Design Patterns in python, don’t go too crazy.
- 👀Checkout some Open Source projects, better if you have used them before:
Leetcode every day keeps unemployment away
ORMs are great, but you should know how to use raw SQL.
Web Frameworks & Examples
- Django: tutorial
- Flask: tutorial
- FastAPI: tutorial